Welcome To Spring Lake Elementary!
Spring Lake Elementary was established in 1969 and has served the community with an outstanding education for many years. The school is located in Altamonte Springs, Florida, which is about 15 miles outside of Orlando, Florida. Spring Lake has been a Five Star School for the past 8 years. Our Principal, Mrs.Kelly Mitchell; Assistant Principals, Dr. Danielle Alchin and Ms. Kellie Cashion are committed to setting a standard of excellence. The current focus for Spring Lake Elementary is the revitalization of classroom instruction utilizing current technology and research to promote positive collaboration, enhance learning and create a respectful climate that will encourage students to reach their learning potential.
Spring Lake Elementary is one of the leading elementary schools in technology integration. Teachers and students use computers and technology as a part of their daily curriculum. Each classroom has an average of three computers and the school has three computer labs with 28 computers in each for student use and one mini computer lab with 16 computers. Our computer labs are used by teachers and students for various projects incorporating technology such as: Web Quests, Digital Storytelling, Podcasts, Blogs, Online Research, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and virtual field trips. In addition to Dell and HP Desktop Computers, we have ELMO Document Cameras in every classroom, iPads, Epson Bright Link Interactive Projectors, 15 wireless laptop computer labs, 3 STEM Labs and many other technological tools.
Kid Zone 407-746-1660
About Our School
- Current Enrollment: 720
- School Hours: 7:40 am - 2:20 pm
- Early Dismissal: (Wednesday's): 7:40 am - 1:20 pm
- Uniforms: Red, white or blue polo shirts; khaki or navy blue pants, skirts, skorts, jumper or shorts.
- After School Care: Kid Zone 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Average Class Size: The class-size reduction amendment requires that each elementary school have a primary grades (K-3) average of 18:1 and an intermediate grades (3-5) average of 22:1.
- Dual Language Program Grades K-5.
- World Languages Classes offered in Spanish
- Exceptional Student Education: Speech & Language, Gifted, & Varying Exceptionalities
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Program (ESOL): Yes
- Clubs/Activities: Daily Student-Produced morning news program - WSLE Channel 56 News; 5th Grade Patrols; Student Council; 4th and 5th Grade Chorus; Competitive Math Team, Odyssey of the Mind, Recorders, Robotics Club, Runner's Club and SECME Club.
- Mrs. Kelly Mitchell: Principal
- Ms. Kellie Cashion: Assistant Principal
- Dr. Danielle Alchin: Assistant Principal